1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Uh, OK.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You are an odd bird.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

First class or coach? Must not offend a Cabinet member.

7. HanSenSE

Much like someone going postal. Or at a workplace. The shooter is after a specific target, not just any random place. But I haven't studied the issue extensively, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course, the CDC isn't even allowed to study it, either.

As I said before, to assume that the presence of guns in a particular place would deter mass shooters, you'd have to assume that a mass shooter is a rational person and by definition, they're not.
    I'm pretty sure evaluating risks and rewards is not a part of whatever thought process they might have.

9. Neutral Corner

LOL. Never denied it. I take bits and pieces from all over, and lots of them come from conflicting sources and viewpoints. I'm an army brat, 70's kid, socially liberal, fairly conservative on defense, fiscally conservative but willing to impose taxes to pay for my priorities.

I know enough military speak that I understood exactly what he was saying happened in that action report. Those poor bastards never had a chance once we chose to engage. I don't necessarily agree with all of his interpretations, but I don't entirely disagree either. Ringo's a smart guy, and he's wired into a lot of places which would surprise you.

If you need some good popcorn escapist reading, here's a link to a free ebook of the first book in his alien invasion series. A Hymn Before Battle by John Ringo - WebScription Ebook That's a first novel though, with the normal feel of one. I'd highly rec his "Under a Graveyard Sky", first book in a zombie apocalypse series. Yeah, I know, played out - but this was started years ago, and it's very solid and thoughtful for what it is, which is basically a cracking good action yarn.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wish I could believe that we are that capable

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Might be constructive if we held politicians and NRA officers to the same standards of truthfulness we deploy on high school kids and internet randos.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.