1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Prominent politician and leader of #MeToo movement accused of groping young male staffer

A lobbyist who declined to be named out of fear of possible repercussions also said that Garcia was drunk when she began making crude sexual remarks to him and attempted to fondle his crotch at a 2017 fundraiser.
    Garcia, who was featured as a silence breaker in TIME’s Person of the Year issue, which she noted in a post on Twitter in December, responded to the claims by saying she had “zero recollection of engaging in inappropriate behavior and such behavior is inconsistent with my values.” She added that she promised to “participate fully in any investigation” and that “every complaint about sexual harassment should be taken seriously.”

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's the problem here?

According to the Poin File Stylebook, this is delicious, delirious fun.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yah, pardon me. Not my area of expertise. She's picky as hell about it, put it that way.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Eh, the guy didn't give a shit. It happened four years ago. He only came forward to show the hypocrisy of this woman who is leading the #metoo thing in the legislature.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He’s a courageous survivor damn it!

6. lakefront

We all should know this already, he just says it better than I could.

garrow likes this.
  7. lakefront

although not sure if it is guilt rather than just wanting to get away with it, but still.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It’s all been a fucking “dangle,” but people are to embarrassed to admit it. [/yf]

garrow likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Glad to see that I'm not the only one!

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There are very fine people on both sides of the domestic violence issue.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Anyone who brings out the "people's lives are shattered by false accusations" angle as their first point in a discussion of violence against women is probably worth a pretty long side-eye and not being left alone with women.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.