1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New to SJ not posted before - be gentle ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lorna, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Lorna

Lorna New Member

I am currently working with a skydiving accuracy champion, who has returned to the sport after retiring back in 2001. He has just turned 60 and wants to prove to himself and the world he's still got it! And he has, as last year he came 2nd in the British Championships securing his place in the British Team for the World Championships in Bulgaria in August 2018.

So far he has self-funded but could really do with a helping hand from sponsorship. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should be going with his story. He trains locally at Dunkerswell Aerodrome near his home town of Tiverton and attends Petroc Gym with his son, Luke aged 27, who has planned his Gym programme to get him into shape for the mammoth task ahead.

If anyone has any advice of how I can get some coverage of his story and spread the word to hopefully get him the sponsorship he needs that would be great. I have already approached the local media close to his home town. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

3. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Just wondered if their were any Sports Journalists looking for stories like this or knew of sports publications that might be - thanks for responding Justin.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fetch us a beer, Newb .... please.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I cannot think of a two-word phrase that sounds more British than "Dunkerswell Aerodrome."

"Bloody hell" is the only one even close that comes to mind.

Vombatus, Batman and HC like this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

And not any of that warm shite you limeys like to drink.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"buggered senseless"
    "vigorous rogering"

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Benny Hill was funny.

Imagine the #metoo wrath he'd be facing these days.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hi Lorna, you may want to check with Stephanie, who turned to us for advice about marketing the SuperBat 3000.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

She lost me after gentle.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, Lorna.

Draft saved Draft deleted