1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes, but have you heard about their immigration laws? Positively shit-on-brown-people-ish!

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's been becoming increasingly smaller on a per capita basis for a while. I'd more inclined to be concerned we're not adequately staffing critical functions in ways that could come back to haunt us.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert on French culture, but yeah, they have a reputation for being racist as fuck.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This Quincy Jones interview is a trip. Slags on the Beatles and Bono.

Is very complimentary towards himself.

And, breaks some news.

What’s stirred everything up? Is it all about Trumpism?
    It’s Trump and uneducated rednecks. Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.

Wait, really?
    Yes, sir. Twelve years ago. Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with my daughter Kidada said, “Ivanka wants to have dinner with you.” I said, “No problem. She’s a fine motherfucker.” She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, their anti-Semitism way outpaces their racism.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The French also have the reputation for disliking or disrepecting anyone who’s not French. And even within France there are degrees of French.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jimmy Rabbitte: Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And your defense of the parade was that they were the ones who gave Trump the idea?

Oh, wait. You're going to act like you can't see that question because you are a coward. Yet you still keep taking shots at me whenever the opportunity arises, such as the style thread.

Please continue to prove yourself to be a liar as well as a coward and a hypocrite.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Don’t criticize something that rings as an authoritarian display in this country, because you might get pushback from the all-or-nothing flag-pin wearers who view any critique, reasonable or not, as an anti-American attack.

Sure, he saw it in France, but the optics of that kind of display in this country are quite different.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's odd about the smaller government types (and I fall into this trap too) is they want some government agencies to be smaller and others larger. There's not a single person on the right yelling for smaller government who'd complain if every single bureaucratic job eliminated was replaced by five new people in the military or law enforcement agencies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.