1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet, they are willing to "adapt" the ancient rules to modern life when it suits them. G-d's rules don't change just because society changes. It is our interpretation and application of the rules that changes. Why is it that some changes are worthy of respect and others are not?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They may choose to have a funeral, and sit shiva, but without the literal burying of the person.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Are there any two people of any religion who practice that religion exactly the same? I'm going to go crazy and posit that religion/faith is a deeply personal experience unique to every individual.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Next, he'll claim he was just the covfefe boy.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Translation: Kelly will read it and tell Trump what it says. Unbelievable that we elected an illiterate President.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

To my shame, I'm curious about this.

When you say "liberals," do you mean "Democrats?"

When you say "hypocrites," do you mean "two-faced?" Or do you mean "insincere?"

In what way - specifically - are liberals or Democrats better used in this construction than "conservatives" and "Republicans?"

8. Neutral Corner

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know if the rumors of Bannon sucking his own dick are true, but I bet the thought of making then breaking an entire presidency damn near makes it possible.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I actually hate that quote, because as I've argued here, it's liberal, post-modern thought that turned hypocrite into the king insult. Conservatives, I think, should believe that there are right and wrong answers to questions and getting it right some of the time is better than a hyper-consistent wrong answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.