1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We're doing a study of Moses in our Wednesday night small group at church. It's based on Adam Hamilton's book and really interesting. He doesn't take the "it's in the Bible so that's exactly how it happened" route. Instead, he offers the possibility that Moses himself didn't exist at all and was invented as a plot device. The plagues visited upon the Egyptians? Might have natural explanations, like the river turning to blood was actually an algae bloom that killed all the fish and that sparked a domino effect leading to the rest of them.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The real question is whether you'll have enough room in the hour-long episode to give the chief of staff a heart attack AND solve the Middle East.

melock likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Samuel Jackson?

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

DQ got this right - you really can't compare how the religions treat holidays.

5. Guy_Incognito

You respect their right to practice, but call it foolishness? That's not as enlightened as it seemed in your head.

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe the resident Trumpists around here can remind me of the exact phrase, but isn't it something along the lines of "they're good people?"

Troubled man who committed massacre in Isla Vista was part of alt-right, new research shows

Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old who killed six students in the college town of Isla Vista in 2014, was the first "alt-right killer" to strike in recent years, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The report counts Rodger among 13 alleged alt-right killers whose actions left 43 people dead and more than 60 injured since 2014.

Too bad none of these alt-right killers struck an NFL player, so Trump would have noticed and then taken to the Tweeter machine.

7. Guy_Incognito

They aren't fudging. They're applying the ancient rules to new circumstances. There are many smart, honest people spending their lifetimes ironing these questions out. Any chance they might have considered your point?

8. Guy_Incognito

This is an area that needs greater understanding. The Daily Show piece was excellent, but damaging. The point I'd want others to realize is that, like everything else, their are rules to the "tricks." I'm happy to articulate in greater detail offline for anyone interested.

9. Guy_Incognito

And Orthodoxy is built on the notion that what feels right doesn't always carry the day.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the Judaism jack on this thread more than the quarterly abortion jacks. Far less repetitive.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C’mon Guy, get on the Trump train!

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I disagree. If you believe in multiple gods, you’re inherently not Jewish.

Edit: You know what, I get your point. The Old Testament Jews often wavered and god always took them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.