1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com Style Guide, version 3.0

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Feb 2, 2018.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

His name was Terry Haute. Unless there was a second SJ.com novel.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They're all great additions. If I could edit the posts, they'd be added already. But it won't let me edit. Must know my MO.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There may have been two attempts at a novel.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There must have been, because I don't remember Terry Haute, but I definitely remember Denny Crane.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Terry Haute was great. We were kicking all sorts of ass on that for a few weeks.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And yet......no pickle juice.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No Asian Dong or GET A FUCKING HAIRCUT? For shame.

8. jr/shotglass

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sorry.
    I must have glanced right over it.

10. Brad Renfro (1982-2008): Short-lived Hollywood actor who starred - and was great - in the "The Client" (1994). Recently, there has been some dispute as to whether or not Brad Garrett ("Everybody Loves Raymond" fame and suggested understudy to Javier Bardem in "No County for Old Men" would have been a better choice.

"Inarguable Among the Sane" (one of my personal favorites): Favorite phrase of former poster Simon Cowbell, used to describe an attempt by another poster to argue a seemingly irrefutable point.

"6" or "Solid 6": SJ.com bastardized use of the common 1-10 scale to describe a good-looking woman. SJ.com'ers uses 6 as its high-water mark for good-looking woman.

How 'Bout No Bear: A meme used to illustrate a poster to desire to NOT see - or unsee - things posted here, such as people's nasty-ass feet. Or incredible ugly wo-Man. Or Kate Upton (Cause's she's a fatty).

No. 7 at Pebble Beach: Quite possibly the most breath-taking par 3 golf hole in the world. An may or may not be located at: Augusta National, Hazeltine, St. Andrews, Oakmont, Pebble Beach and Pinehurst No. 2.

Sock Puppet: Another, anonymous, handle used by a regular poster to hide their identity, stir up trouble and attempt to cause mayhem on the board.

Also need to add:
    Scoreboard!
    Backdoor (Boots)
    And Going to HR (also Boots)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  11. jr/shotglass

Well, I have everything collected that has a definition, but I'd have to get a special dispensation or something from a moderator to slap it all up here. It won't even fit into two posts now.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Need to add “from Virginia” somewhere in this definition.

Draft saved Draft deleted