1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You mean who drinks only one 17 ounce Bourbon County Stout in one sitting?

Vombatus and Dick Whitman like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I made this decision last week - the flu partially made it for me - that instead of having a drink every or most nights and fretting about the calories, I would go dry all week, and enjoy a guilt-free big-ass beer come Friday night. I still was feeling a little bit of apprehensiveness about taking down 500 calories from a single can. But, you know, trust The Process.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What can is 500 calories? Do most craft beers even list the calories? Didn't think they did, but don't really pay attention. Yesterday I had a kbs, a breakfast sout, 2 sumatra and 3 cbs. They were all 5 oz though, except the one cbs was probably about 8 oz. because my buddy is friends with the owner. After that two pints and a flight at Twin Elephant Brewery, which was a little disappointing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Bourbon County probably runs over 400 calories.

A simple math version is: ABV x 2.5 x ounces per serving

So, yeah, a 14 percenter at 12 oz per bottle will hit 400 with ease.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I picked up a few sixpacks of Montauk Session IPA over the weekend and enjoyed them immensely. session.jpg

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I've always heard ABV x 3.0 x ounces, but close enough.

EDIT: Never mind. You're right. I was thinking it's ABV x 30 for a 12-ounce serving, which comes out roughly around the same as your formula, I believe.

7. spikechiquet

There is a MUCH more in-depth formula to figure it out, but you need the original gravity before fermentation, the final gravity after fermentation and other small factors, then you have to multiple the answer by ounces to get the proper cals. So this is a good roundabout figure.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’ve moved on to NOS Energy Drink. Tastes like cat piss, but the shit works.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Havana Club anejo 7 anos is the best rum.

10. spikechiquet

I'm drinking a Tide Pod with a Clorox chaser.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Would rather drink a well crafted lager or pilsner than a session IPA. I've actually come to loathe sessions.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

That was my reaction the first time I drank a Pinner session IPA from Oskar Blues. I felt like I was drinking Diet IPA. I've come around some, though, particularly with Pinner and Founders' session IPA. I'm not likely to have one just sitting alone at home, though, especially in the winter. I'll drink session IPAs when the occasion calls for multiple beers, like a party at my house or post-skiing with the guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted