1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link to that story? My extensive search turned up nothing. TIA.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about this shutdown is that I think both sides think they know what they are doing. The big question is who is calling the shots on the GOP side. Normally a group of 8,10, 12 moderates on both sides come together and hash it out. The thing is, I think the GOP already has all the Dem moderates it is going to get, and they have to worry about Rand Paul and Jeff Flake who have different reasons for opposing a deal. Maybe Mitch WANTS this to blow up in Trump's face to gain back some control. Maybe Trump thinks someone will die at the hands of an immigrant during the shutdown and they can lay that at the Dems feet and win. I figure the Dems just think pressuring the President will make him blink, knowing it will be tough for him to be seen playing golf during a shutdown.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My extensive research took 4 seconds.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, so this is what's interesting me in politics today. North Korea's leading girl group pop band is visiting South Korea today. These young women aren't only stars, they are one of the main conduits of government propaganda. They transmit the party line in their songs. They are Kim Jong Un's Sarah Sanders. Has Trump thought of doing this? It couldn't hurt.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Get rich quick, you illegal beaner, or else!

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That Roosterholes is a badass!

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He had one. They're already suing him.

USA Freedom Kids v. Donald Trump: Dancing kids group sues - CNNPolitics

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Who do you recommend sending to NK? The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? Or maybe the unemployed dancers from Bada Bing?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The games are back on!

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think I see Elder DaughterQuant!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I saw exactly one person on the bus being detained by the border official. And I see no link other than the (apparently) grossly exaggerated one provided. I'm sure if there is more information it will surface. So far nothing from any of my 100+ Fort Lauderdale contacts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.