1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Conference Championship Sunday: Blake Bortles' Date With Destiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 15, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why do you consume idiots like Clay Travis?

My Trump loving brother tried to talk to me about knees/Trump/Kaep in September, and I stopped him. Why on earth would I care about the tv ratings? I'm not an investor in the NFL. I doubt you are either. I told him if the ratings go down to the point where they stop showing games, then it will become important to me. Otherwise, why do I give a fuck? If the ratings go down 20 percent, and the owners eventually make 20 percent less on the next contract, and the NFL players make 20 percent less, does that impact you?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, we do seem a bit consumed by "TV will/won't like this/that matchup!" as if our paychecks depended on it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. I pay Comcast, I don't work for them. I don't think Pats-Jags will be much of a game, but I'll be watching it with old friends from college and we'll have a good time no matter what.

4. poindexter

I've already cleared my time for super bowl sunday, regardless of which two teams win today.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nah. It doesn't impact me. Just don't like the vilification of people who are exercising what appear to be basic civil rights. And we all know employers have the right to set policies abolishing those rights in the workplace.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Girlfriend: Tom Brady is pretty hot.

Me: I can move the Laz-E-Boy to right in front of the TV.

Girlfriend: What time is the game again?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I feel the same way overall about players' contracts. I couldn't give a shit what some billionaire is willing to overpay to some millionaire; none of that money's coming from me.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

So we've got a title now...niiiiice.

9. poindexter

Did you not get laid in your old marriage?

TigerVols and sgreenwell like this.
  10. poindexter

Especially since the contract that Player A wants, and what the team is offering, is lifetime FU money, and Super FU money.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You guys are asking extremely personal questions.

My only wonder is if the Laz-E-Boy will have to be turned around 180 degrees midgame to accommodate certain positions so she can continue to see Brady.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's a helluva Laz-E-Boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted