1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I knew we would find common ground on something some day. I mean, I still totally hope you end up having to scratch out a living writing briefs for the Ajax, Ontario, Ladies Book Club Monthly News Letter. But on the aforementioned we can agree.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

She had no problem speaking about it before and said all the other women were liars, she has spoken about the issue already. She should be asked.

Did it bother you when they asked Hilary? rhetorical, no need to answer.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As someone who recently put a ring on a lady's finger at age 35, I can tell you that one of the best parts of being officially out of the dating pool - besides being with an amazing, beautiful, smart, funny woman who rocks my world and puts up with my bullshit and all that - is knowing I don't have to worry about dating again (knock on wood).

It's a cesspool out there after the age of 30. And the idea of using a dating app horrifies me. I met my lady the old-fashioned way: she was randomly drafted onto my ironic adult kickball league team.

4. Dick Whitman

One of my divorced friends is dead set on finding a woman who does not have kids and is not interested in having them.

As you can imagine, things aren't going swimmingly.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Has he tried guys?

(Yes, that was a gay joke.)

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

It's so awesome. I have hosted three Super Bowl parties, and he has brought a different date each year. We joke about starting a Wall of Fame. The annual group photo of wives include the same 10-12 women plus some rando.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest *trans women.

TyWebb likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Message board aficionado and espresso repair man goes after wife, of husband accused of cheating.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Luckily I have zero free time to try and get involved in the dating scene in my mid-40s. I sucked at it when I was young, in shape and motivated. Can't imagine the disaster that would await me now.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From the horror stories I hear about from 35+ single men and women I know, having a different date three consecutive years sounds like this guy is way ahead of the curve.

There are women who go to our work christmas dinner dateless year after year, and to be honest, its pretty heartbreaking.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's not as bad as you guys think. I was terrified to date again. Turns out single men in their 40s who have jobs and no tattoos on their faces are in short supply. Plus women, generally speaking, aren't nearly as stupid and shallow as men are about dating someone older than they are.

Also: a lot of first contact these days is the written word. THE TABLES HAVE FUCKING TURNED, STEVE, YOU SHIRTLESS MORON

TyWebb, Big Circus and RickStain like this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dating? I have made it this long on my own without someone to nag me every step of the way, why change what works?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.