1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State scorn versus Michigan State scorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jeez ...

Jamie Dantzscher, a 2000 Olympian, said Nassar was alone with her in her bed at the ranch.

“There was no one else sent with him,” she said on CBS last year. “The treatment was in the bed, in my bed that I slept on at the ranch.”

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Cleveland State's gonna get hammered again. Somebody had to say it.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Even before Nasser, wasn't that place notable for being a gymnast torture chamber? I thought every couple years someone would chirp about it being hellish, but they kept churning out gold medalists so that was that.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dang ...

A prevailing sentiment throughout Raisman's impassioned speech was that talk is cheap; she conveyed that she wants to see change within the sport of gymnastics, but that USA Gymnastics' past inaction and failure to protect athletes has left her skeptical.

Raisman addressed Thursday's announcement from the new CEO of USA Gymnastics, Kerry Perry, which said the organization would not longer hold national team training camps at the Kaloryi Ranch site in Texas, where so many were abused by Nassar.

USA Gymnastics "neglected to mention they had athletes training there the day they released the statement," she said.

Aly Raisman rips USA Gymnastics at Larry Nassar sentencing

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Aly Raisman sounds like she has a "Bad Motherfucker" wallet.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Raisman can be president of USA Gymnastics whenever she wants it.

That is, if anyone ever wants it.

Smallpotatoes and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The MSU trustees are the college of cardinals, and the school president is the pope who has his head in the sand.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This week has been the 2018 equivalent of putting a criminal in the stocks and having the townspeople throw feces at him.

And I can't say I mind one bit.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shame we don’t have a poster here who is well-versed on Michigan politics in general and Michigan State specifically........

Draft saved Draft deleted