1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bundy Trial Ends In A Mistrial For A Very Expected Reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

So, again, you didn't read the judges decision. Bundy feared for his life because federal agents were surrounding him and physically attacked members of his family.

By your argument, federal agents can go into poor neighborhoods, where there are lots of welfare recipients, and physically attack them for not paying their bills, right?

I am not saying that Bundy is a hero, the argument here is the feds abused their authority.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read it. You didn’t read my post.

The particulars of this court decision mean nothing in the larger picture of the Bundys being horrible people who have provably and demonstrably committed crimes for which they deserve prison.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No Inky, it's just like how the LAPD and DA office sucked, so therefore OJ was vidicated and actually an awesome dude.

4. Inky_Wretch

An overzealous rookie Game & Fish officer once pulled his sidearm on me years ago. I am now justified to storm the Washington Monument with buddies from deer camp!

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  5. Rainman

Non sequitur. Nobody is saying OJ is an awesome dude, just like nobody is saying Bundy is an awesome dude. The argument is the Feds abused their authority. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

6. Jake_Taylor

You opened the thread by saying thank God they weren't going to prison and insinuating people who looked down on the Bundy clan was wrong.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Rainman

I didn't say "Thank God they weren't going to prison" and I didn't insinuate any such thing. I insinuated anyone who is fine with the government abusing it's authority in an idiot.

Anytime an innocent person goes to prison, especially if they do so because of abuse of authority, it bothers me. Obviously to some on this thread, that depends on the views of the innocent person. And yes, he was innocent of what the Feds were going after him for, if you would read the judge's ruling, you might be able to grasp that. That doesn't mean I think Bundy is a great guy, only an idiot would conclude as much. I just think it's bullshit how the Feds handled this matter.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You throw the word idiot around here quite a bit. An idiot is someone who posts a facebook meme on a message board and pretends it's their own experience and words.

9. Jake_Taylor

That reads like celebration of the Bundy clan to me.

Unable to be convicted doesn’t necessarily equal innocence.

10. Inky_Wretch

It is bullshit how the Feds have handled the Bundys with kid gloves.

They should have been in jail and/or evicted from their ranch long before the standoff in Oregon.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Hates the government. Wants to run it. Makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted