1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road Trip: Kansas City

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 27, 2017.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Worst work trip ever.

Landed at 10:30 or so. Hopped in an Uber to Lenexa, where we ate lunch (decided by someone not named Jack Reacher) at something called the Blue Moose. It was horrible. Spent a few hours at our facility. My flight back was delayed, which meant I'd miss my connection, so I had to take an earlier flight, robbing me of about an hour or so that I planned to use on BBQ somewhere. So right after work, I went straight back to the airport where I barely made my flight.

Four flights. Five states. 22 hours awake. ZERO FUCKING BBQ.

It burns my ass thinking about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though. Ugh.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I live here. It's doable. Kansas City traffic is a breeze compared to most cities this size and larger, especially going south from the airport and messing with Johnson County during the midday.

3. Donny in his element

The Blue Moose. I'm so sorry. I'm sure you got to spend time with a lot of JoCo blue hairs there, though.

4. 435 north/south aint bad from the airport until you get way inside joco, id avoid 635 like the plague normally

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well, look at the bright side......I'm
    not sure what it is, but I'm sure there is one.

JackReacher likes this.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Turns out our waiter grew up about an hour or so south of where I live. So we had a nice chat for a few minutes while waiting for the rest of the group. Sadly, that may have been the highlight of the trip.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Any updates? I want a place near downtown and able to walk places. Is the bus system good? I was in Milwaukee and it was easy to get around with the buses.

8. Donny in his element

There’s a free north-south streetcar that is very popular. You can go from River Market to Union Station/Crown Center (where the NFL Draft will be next year; Liberty Memorial; National World War I museum). Passes within walking distance of all the downtown things to do. Glad to answer any questions in more detail.

Draft saved Draft deleted