1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LaVar Ball Files Trademark Paperwork for 'Junior Basketball Association'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deepest_background, Jan 18, 2018.

1. The father of Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball filed a trademark application last week seeking the rights to name a new basketball league, documents show. According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, LaVar Ball has filed to use the name "Junior Basketball Association."

The applicant for the trademark, filed Jan. 12, is Big Baller Brand of Chino Hills, Calif., and is seeking to use the JBA name on "athletic apparel, namely, shirts, pants, jackets, footwear, hats and caps, athletic uniforms."

Ball also filed a trademark application on a logo, which shows a silhouette of Lonzo Ball dunking.

Ball files trademark for new basketball league

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wouldn't this fit on the running Lavar Ball thread?

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

d_b from d_b.

cjericho likes this.
  4. you mean the construction of a whole new basketball league from the ground floor?

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The guy can't manage the manufacture and shipment of shoes, never mind a basketball league. It's cute that he's trying to create a league where his kids can play, though.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wish Boom was here to make a Mike Lupica joke.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Will there be bonuses for teams that go UNDEFEATED. NEVA' LOSS?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I went to a small elementary school and when I graduated, the school never did a yearbook. My father wanted me to have one, so he put one together for our class. I appreciate it, even if it was a little embarrassing. This is basically an attempt to cash in on a play date.

Draft saved Draft deleted