1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road Trip: Kansas City

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also, as we speak, my boy is singing the praises of Crane Brewing in KC. They do mostly sours.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

heyabbott forgot to change log-ons, I see.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Your mileage may have varied, but I found the Fantasy Ranch all sizzle and no steak when I went there once 25 years ago or so when it opened.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I initially took that in a completely different way than I'm sure you meant it :eek:

5. missouri clubs are really hit or miss especially in the city area, stay on the kansas side and go due west for kicks.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So I land at 9:45 am on Wednesday and I have to be in Lenexa, KS at like 1. Is that enough time to Uber from the airport to Joe’s (47th and Mission), grab lunch, then Uber to Lenexa?

I fly back the same night, so I’m trying to squeeze every bit of goodness out of this brutal fucking trip as possible.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The airport is way the hell out there, but I'd say probably doable in a three-hour window.

9. Donny in his element

Yes. My commute for all intents and purposes is that run -- airport area to Lenexa. Budget an hour all told to get off the plane and to Joe's. 75-90 minutes to wait and eat at Joe's. 15-30 minutes from Joe's to Lenexa.

10. Donny in his element

11. Joe's on 1-35 south is closer. Mission is out of the way on 47th

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way that's doable.
    Unless he's got carry-on and that's it, and the uber is waiting right there for him, and there's no traffic, and no traffic construction going on.........which there is.
    That town and the suburbs cannot function without massive road construction going on.
    If you have a choice between driving on 635/435 or jumping off a cliff.......well I hope you have a parachute.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted