1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Am I the only one fed with Undertaker? I just do not care about the character anymore.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still enjoy the character, but then again, a lot of it is nostalgia. He began as the character when I was in high school. Now I'm middle aged, married, with kids.

But he looked awful against Reigns, and it was really sad to watch, on a level of Willie Mays stumbling around the outfield sad. He also hasn't been helped by crappy storylines for the last few years.

sgreenwell and John B. Foster like this.
  3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If you're going to bring him back for one last dance, it has to be with Cena, given the history there alone.

4. Baron Scicluna

Zayn and Owens went on Jericho's podcast (AGGH, KAYFABE!), and discussed the Shane McMahon dive off the Cell where Zayn had to move Owens at the last second. Sounds like it was something that could have ended up an utter disaster if just one thing was just slightly off.

Shane’s dive off Hell in a Cell almost drove Sami Zayn insane

5. Baron Scicluna

6. Baron Scicluna

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Did they ever have a major feud? I can't recall one, but I was checked out on wrestling in that 2004-06 period when Cena was starting to take off and on Smackdown. Seems like he spent the next few years feuding with Edge, HHH, Orton, and whoever the Special Guest Monster of the Moment was, right as Undertaker was lapsing into semi-retirement.

8. Baron Scicluna

Not a major feud, but I do recall a long time ago, they were at MSG, and both ended up in the ring together (can't recall if it was a tag match, or a save, or what), and Cena looked happy to have Taker there. Then Taker beat up Cena (can't remember if it was a chokeslam or a tombstone), to a big pop and left.

They never, to my knowledge, followed up on that.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Same. It was great 5-10 years ago. Now its over. You have to go out like HBK and not come back. If he wrestles after leaving the hat in the ring then what was the point?

10. Baron Scicluna

Biker Taker.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

OK I'm a little intrigued by this.

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Was having a discussion with a friend about wrestling last night and he stated that Kane’s career is in the same league of Taker’ career. It made me think, and concluded that I agreed with him. Looking back, Kane had a tremendous career, and would rank it up there with The Undertaker’.

Draft saved Draft deleted