1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tyler Hilinski

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jan 16, 2018.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Saw this a few minutes ago. I'm absolutely crushed. The next great WAZZU QB, reminded me a lot of Drew Bledsoe.
    RIP Tyler

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Holy shit. ... C'mon, kids. Don't kill yourself in high school or college. Life gets better after that.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man I can't imagine how bad be saw his life to go through with that given what he had and what he could have.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So incredibly sad. Whole life ahead of him.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.

Never be afraid to ask for help.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Next week will mark the two-year anniversary of a friend of mine blowing his brains out in the exact same manner. We all saw warning signs but never thought it was THAT serious, plus we didn't think he'd ever leave behind his three kids that he adored -- especially his two boys. He said he could never leave them. But he did.

Reach out if you're suffering from this. And reach out to your friends who you know are going through some shit. This friend lived two blocks from me and I have to pass his house on my way to the grocery store. Every time I see that stupid-ass three-bedroom ranch I wish I'd been there more.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Every time I read about one of these, they get harder and harder to understand.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

When someone that young commits suicide, I think the default assumption is a romantic relationship gone bad. At that age, you're often too immature to realize that life goes on and you will get over it.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't say this glibly: Try being depressed. There is a segment of the population for whom these things are all too understandable. No less tragic for it.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Does Leach come under any scrutiny for this? He has a history of not dealing with head injuries properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted