1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Part Of 5th Grade?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Jan 16, 2018.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I was thinking about some of the worst parts of my 5th grade year of school. I had a great teacher but I never understood why she punished the entire class because of one or two rumdums. Does anyone else remember this kind of ridiculous punishment? Most of the class was cool but there was one crazy whiner that would ruin it for everyone? A total wimp that wouldn't shut up and made the rest of us miss recess? I hated that shit. I remember looking out the window and the other 5th grade class would be on the playground playing hoops and I was stuck inside because of a total pussy. I'm glad those days are behind me....oh shit.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Next question. How many push-ups can you do? (If you can't tell, I've been drinking for the first time in more than a few weeks...it feels right, it feels right). I just did 15 and I honestly might die.

cranberry and heyabbott like this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Unknown.png

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sounds like time for a soap party.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My fifth-grade teacher read Harlequin romances that the girls in class got a hold of. It was the first place I ever read about pussies being licked.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I don't remember much about fifth grade. If you do remember fifth grade, something probably fucked you up for life.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know the thread is kind of a joke, but if there is a grade I remember zero about, it's the fifth grade. Don't remember my teacher, don't have a single specific memory. I think I can remember something from every other grade, including Kindergarten. The fifth grade is just gone.

Slacker likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Local NCAA men's basketball team visited our class. Center was able to touch the ceiling without standing on tiptoes. I later went to said university. Things worked out for me pretty well, so I disagree with your sentiment!

Board arguments just aren't the same without the politics thread open. Wait, was I not supposed to mention that thread? Oh shit, someone is knocking on my door. Fuck. Someone call 911 for me! :D

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That was the year we got lockers and started going classroom to classroom each period instead of staying in a homeroom with one teacher all day. But I can't think of anything else notable.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4th grade: Everyone was assigned a number (1-12), and all your classmates for a particular course we're the same number as you. Made it easy on the teacher because everyone in a particular class was (supposedly) the same level.

I don't know how they got away with it. Low numbers were the idiots, and everyone knew it. Can't imagine such a thing today.

7th grade: Teacher had this radical idea that he wasn't going to punish the kid who was talking; he would punish the kid who was LISTENING to the kid doing the talking. WTF?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can honestly say, that among every teacher I had, every professor I had through four years of college, every professor I had when I went back to school for a year, every boss that I've had in any job, which includes probably roughly a couple of dozen in the newspaper business, that my fifth grade teacher was the absolute worst person that I ever dealt with.

She screamed at the entire class, each and every day, for little things and big. She screamed at me a few times, and she's the only one, among all bosses, teachers, professors, etc., that I ever had actual shouting matches with. Considering that all my other teachers would tell my parents that they enjoyed having me in their class, that really said something about her.

One time, she screamed at me in front of the whole class for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance loud enough. Not that I wasn't saying the Pledge. But that she couldn't hear me. So she made me do it again. I did it again. She screamed that it wasn't loud enough and made me do it again. By now, I'm getting very upset, so I'm trying to do it again. She screamed and made me do it a fourth time. Finally, I yelled back that she needed her hearing checked. She told me to leave the room and wait in the hall. Principal ended up coming over and calmed me down. I think even he thought she'd gone too far. My parents ended up getting a couple of calls from some other parents because the other kids in the class told them how the teacher went off the deep end and they were worried about me.

(Naturally, my feelings on the Pledge are pretty obvious).

My fourth grade teacher, on the other hand, was the most awesome one I ever had. The best thing I can say about her is that I actually looked forward to going to school every day.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted