1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP JoJo White

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Kansas All-American, Celtics Hall of Famer and legendary iron man, who once played 488 consecutive games and played 60 minutes in the famed triple-overtime win over the Suns in Game 5 of the 1976 NBA Finals.

Celtics great, HOFer Jo Jo White dies at 71

Had been suffering from dementia since surgery for a brain tumor in 2010. He was 71.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He was inbounds against Texas Western.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I was a Bucks fan so I should have hated those Boston teams. But I had to plead with my dad until I got a pair of green Pro Keds like Jojo and the next year a pair of green Nike like Charlie Scott. The first pair of good shoes was in 6th grade, red Chucks like Pistol Pete (I think he wore Keds but I couldn't find Keds).

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It is somewhat sad that a majority of people probably only know about him from that movie.

Neutral Corner and Jake_Taylor like this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Met him once and interviewed him at a basketball camp and he was incredibly accommodating to a cub reporter, very quotable and, most importantly, really good with the campers. None of them knew who he was, but the dads all did. He lapped up the attention, but gave really good, personal instruction to the players.

I didn't know about the dementia, which is sad. He was lively and entertaining when I talked to him (this was about '03).

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He was a good competitor.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Always hated the Celtics but always liked JoJo White.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted