1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Holy shit, Rollins did the curb stomp!

Also, looks like the ref fucked up the previous count.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Thought the exact same thing.

And nice BS cover of the ref botch on the 3.5 count.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The curb stomp was a holy shit moment for me, too. Using the Pedigree was fine and all, but that move is badass. Looked great, too, like he absolutely planted Balor with it.

4. Baron Scicluna

Watched the Raw Top 25 moments, as voted on by fans. They seem to have done a decent job, although I was concerned they would vote too many recent moments. The two moments that weren't in the Top 100 list that I thought should be was the Owen Hart tribute show and the HBK Superkick Heard Round the World on Shelton Benjamin. Although I do understand if they omitted Owen for legal reasons.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Samoa Joe apparently suffered a plantar fascia rupture in his match against Rhyno last week and is out for the Rumble. Gotta wonder if he's out for Wrestlemania, too.
    Is he about to get hit with the dreaded "injury prone" label? That's two big pushes he seemed to be in line for now that have been derailed by injury.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Who are you looking forward to see the most next week on Raw 25?

Always exciting seeing Stone Cold Steve Austin, but being a big listener of Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, I am really looking forward to seeing Brother Love.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Taker. Be nice to try to get a handle on how he looks and just whats going on with a “comeback”

Rainman likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Revival will get the legends treatment like Ascension did a few years ago with the APA, NWO and Outlaws.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Spike TV is changing brands to the Paramount Network. On their way out the door, whoever runs the Spike Twitter account is going out in a blaze of glory and zinging off one-liners about all of the crappy shows they've had over the years.
    TNA was not spared.

SPIKE (@spike) | Twitter

10. Baron Scicluna

Not necessarily looking forward to it, but I have a feeling Rock will do a video appearance.

Also have a feeling the show ends with Austin stunning someone, either Vince for old-time's sake, or, coming in after the Reigns/Miz match, stunning Miz and downing beers with Reigns, in another transparent attempt to get Roman over.

Having Hulk Hogan come out would be a huge shock.

Think most of the women old-timers they have announced will come out and say that they're entering the Rumble. Followed by them participating in a random brawl with the current stars.

Rainman likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Developing opinion that if the women's Rumble winner is an off the beaten path surprise it'd be better without a raw 25 appearance. Either Bella would be a fun one.....Nikki as a powerhouse or Brie then folded into the Bryan vs Shane story.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Bruce Richard recently said that when he last saw Taker, he thought that he looked the best he seen him in the past ten years. In addition, he stated that Undertaker told him he feels great right now. I imagine we will see Taker at this year’ WM, and I would not be surprised if he finally had his match against Cena.

Draft saved Draft deleted