1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Conference Championship Sunday: Blake Bortles' Date With Destiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'll be at the game Sunday.
    Kind of a lame question - my buddy's dad has the seats, he doesn't go bc he's 80. He sells them to us at face and while they're pricey, it's still worth it. It's exciting to watch games in the seats we're in and I wish I could have told 16-year old me, just hoping for a playoff team, that'd I'd be going to my second AFCCG.
    Want to get my buddy's dad something to show my appreciation. Any ideas?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Eh, the Jags were 1-8 under 32 degrees before yesterday.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Does he drink Scotch?

I Should Coco and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A Super Bowl in London would have to kick at 11:30 pm local time. :)

But besides that, there’s always been a chance* a team would play in their home stadium for a Super Bowl. Dallas could’ve played in SB XLV in Jerry’s Mausoleum if they had been good enough, for example.

(* EDIT: Besides those games held in the Rose Bowl and college stadiums of course.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. The Eagles defense is no joke.
    I like Philly-NE .

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And the Vikings' is?

7. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

as a diehard Vikings fan, I can say with great certainty that Minnesota’s offense will look subpar on Sunday. Keenum has never done anything special outdoors and in cold weather. Their Oline looked pretty bad vs New Orleans, the running game so-so.
    That’ll be a 19-16 type of game, and Philly’s crowd could be a fairly big factor.
    I have low expectations for this game. I sense most Vikings fans feel similarly— that the “win” over New Orleans was a miracle, and we have no right to get greedy at this point.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OOP is that you?

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

A bottle of his favorite liquor. If he doesn't drink gift certificate to his favorite restaurant.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

If he has grandkids, give them some kind of gift. It worked in a similar situation for us

Rhody31 likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No joke, either?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The most important matchup in any Eagles game is how the middle of the offensive line holds up against Cox and Jernigan. If they're getting a consistent push up the middle, it's going to be a long day for your offense.

Draft saved Draft deleted