1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Season 4 of Black Mirror was solid. First episode was great.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So they're taking one last gasp at an X-Files reboot. Chris Carter must need some coin, and apparently Fox still covets us 40-something viewers who loved the show in the 1990s.

That said ... WTF was that at the end of last night's show? If you watched, you'll know what I mean. It's a plot twist that stinks of desperation.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never been a big sci-fi guy - but Travelers on Netflix is one of those shows that uses the genre to explore ethical dilemmas and a lot deeper questions than you would think from this type of show. Also, it is one of the more "human" shows out there - maybe I'm just a sucker for shows about people striving for the greater good these days.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's absurd although I think the mythology episodes leaped over the shark in season 4 or 5. I've watched the entire origial series through at least twice and I can't coherently tell you what actually happened to Mulder's sister.

Wish the reboot was 5 fun and/or thought provoking monster of the week stories a year instead of whatever that was Wednesday night.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Very happy for the new season of "Restored" to start. Always cool houses, and great restoration work by Brett Waterman.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You'd have to think interest / enthusiasm for that would be low, given how it ended, and given that Lindelof and Cuse probably want zero to do with it. But hey, ABC probably owns the rights to that hot IP! (FWIW, something solely about the weirdo Dharma Corporation would be interesting to me.)

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This week’s Goldbergs was the funniest show I’ve seen in years.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It was indeed. Then again, I think it's a pretty consistent funny, too.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just finished Godless in Netflix. Beautifully filmed. One of the great gun battle, shootouts, ever. A worthwhile 7 1/2 hours.

Not criticizing this show in particular, but when the bad guys take 6/7ths of a Show being as evil as possible, should not the payback/revenge be equitably raw and harsh?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I still need to watch the final segment but the episodes have been very good. The robotic killer dog was an ok episode but is clearly the weak link of the season. I like how technology is a part of the episodes but not the driving force.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finished Ozark last night. It made seemingly every critic's top 10 list last year, not sure how. I mean, it was entertaining and good. But I thought some of the acting (especially from the Snell clan) was really hackneyed, there were several plot holes and the show required more suspension of disbelief than I was willing to give it. It's obviously set up for a season 2, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted