1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Allegedly.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She'd be paid off $130k the same way daddy does it.

Slacker likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It doesn't. Some folks just care more about using any excuse to push their faith-based ideals on others than they do about finding real solutions to problems in our society.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

In my case I think it's about finding love late in life. I was 42 when we met and had lived on my own from the age of 18. I love living with him but I enjoy my alone time a lot.

Slacker likes this.
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There’s certainly a percentage of people for whom drugs and alcohol are still used to ease sexual inhibition, maybe even a similar percentage, but, overall, young people today are far ahead of, say, my generation or the generation after in terms of treating their partners with equality and respect. Popular culture might suggest that everyone between 18 and 25 is on Tinder (or whatever the latest dating app is) fucking a different random person every night and putting their physical and mental health at risk, but that just isn’t the case. Men are better and women are demanding better — a healthy trend. The Internet is a funhouse mirror.

Sharon Stone Laughs When Asked if She's Faced Sexual Harassment in Hollywood: 'I've Seen It All'

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

People root for the laundry no matter the subject. It's rare that they don't.
    And you would be defending him.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's moot. What woman is going to admit going on a date with Eric Trump?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That doesn’t make it right.

Is Aziz Ansari getting a pass here?

I think he is. I’m not just going to shrug about it
    because his politics seem to align with mine on some vague level.

The New York Times piece is, in particular, embarrassing.

This young woman says she was stalked around an apartment.

Why don’t we believer her? Because he’s cute? Because he’s brown?

Why?

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think that the piece should have been published. I don't think publications should name accused until they are charged either criminally or had a civil complaint filed against them.

I'm not sure what the reporting lacks here, though. She reached out to Ansari and gave him more than 20 hours to respond, as I understand it. He didn't. She corroborated the story with Grace's friends.

How is this reporting better than the reporting that Jodie Cantor did on the Louis C.K. piece? I took a bath for criticizing that reporting. I was called "creepy" and "misogynistic" here. (Not by you. You agreed with me.) Cantor did the Sabrina Erdely Victory Tour. The Babe.net writer is being excoriated.

What is different?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The similar film camera thing is an interesting tidbit. Not saying Aziz didn't act like a 16-year-old horndog -- and even then, it's her account only -- but something about this feels like he was baited into that moment.

And yeah, the babe.net story is "sloppy and hastily written".

Flanagan's Atlantic piece was good.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Aziz is getting benefit of the doubt because he has always come out on the side of women and is non-threatening and just on this side of the cute/creepy divide. Plus this is the only thing that's come out on him. People like him and don't want to not like him.

Dick Whitman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.