1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your Christmas tree still up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 13, 2018.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I loved those big hot lights.

Friend of my mom had the little lights (the kind you see all the time now). I remember thinking, "These are the stupidest little things. You can barely even see the light."

Also liked to burn the tinsel by holding it against the light.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Enough already!

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Still up and really annoying me.
    Tree is supposed to come down the day after the Feast of the Epiphany. I am a week behind.

4. BTExpress

Yawn. Julian calendar says you still have five days.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Lazy bum! :D

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

My (fake) tree just came down today. It takes me a while to get into the Christmas spirit every year but after it's over and I don't have to worry about traveling or entertaining, I like having the tree lit at night.

When I was a kid, we didn't get a tree (a real one) until the middle of the month. My sister's birthday is Dec. 14 so my Mom always bought a tree that day or the day after. My sister has carried on that tradition at her house. Not sure if she takes it out on New Year's Day, as my Mom did. That was always kind of a bummer. Christmas week is a going a fun-filled 1,000 miles an hour and then New Year's Day, boom, school tomorrow AND the tree is coming down, have a nice day.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My Christmas tree is in my storage room, still put together. I spent so much energy and heartache putting the damn thing together that I refuse to dismantle it. I’ll drag it out again next Thanksgiving.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm going to build my next house with a tree closet.

9. BTExpress

We got a second tree this year for the upstairs.

So that's two we need to take down. Sometime. I think.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Took mine down on Dec. 28 (I hate Christmas clutter) brought it out the back door and tossed it over the chain link fence, but I forgot all about it until yesterday when I spotted it still sitting there and finally dragged it down to the curb.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Had a relative when I was a kid who would rattle can flock their tree white and put blue lights on it.

Never liked that look.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My tree is out of the house ... but now sitting in the yard. It's a process.

Deskgrunt50 and cranberry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted