1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Or this

upload_2018-1-15_16-58-53.jpeg

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You folks are turning this thread to shit.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was ready to get off, MTM is the one thinking of soiling himself....

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If the Buccos are looking to pull a Houston and tear it completely down to win a WS title in six years, they could have done it better. Crick will be 31 by that time.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They are going to talk about a rebuild, but the actual goal is to keep the payroll down and put just enough talent on the field to keep at least some fans showing up.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The next three years may be the difference between first or second ballot but he's getting in no question.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's going to get in (which he shouldn't) on his reputation, which is like five levels above what Vizquel is going through right now. I'll say third ballot, depending on how things look like at that point.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would only ask what took him so long. I reached this conclusion after the 1992 season, and things have only gotten worse under McClatchy, then Nutting. When other fans ran back in droves during the three-year run of playoff appearances, I just couldn't. I knew better. I knew Nutting would always put the bottom line first and the window would close without reaching the ultimate goal. I was right. Unfortunately, the team I loved as a kid always proves me right.

Welcome to my world, Kevin Iole. Don't worry. It is possible to love baseball without investing emotionally in the Pirates. I've been doing it since 1993.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Damn OOP, I'd hate to see what you were like if you WERE emotionally invested in the Pirates.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yadi already looks tired. Hard to see him finishing the 3 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted