1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reds Beat Reporter | Cincinnati Enquirer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by zhbuchanan, Jan 10, 2018.

1. zhbuchanan

zhbuchanan New Member

BaseballGuy1 likes this.
  2. Gregory Macafee

Gregory Macafee New Member

Hello, I just say this posting and applied on the dayforce website. Is there an email that I can personally send you my resume, clips and references? I am a journalist in Phoenix, AZ who graduated from Arizona State's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication in August with my Master's Degree in Sports Journalism.

3. zhbuchanan

zhbuchanan New Member

Don't send it to me, but send it to my sports editor, Jason Hoffman (jhoffman@enquirer.com)

4. Gregory Macafee

Gregory Macafee New Member

Okay. Thank you!

5. Kenny DeJohn

Kenny DeJohn New Member

Hi Zach, I applied at the link above and also sent an email to your editor, Jason Hoffman, with a few clips and my resume. Is there anything else you recommend doing?

6. zhbuchanan

zhbuchanan New Member

I think you've pretty much got it covered.

7. Kenny DeJohn

Kenny DeJohn New Member

I figured as much, but just wanted to be sure! Thanks for the quick reply.

8. kygrad8

kygrad8 New Member

I'm assuming C. Trent is leaving. His bio on Twitter still says he's covering the Reds. Just no mention of the Enquirer. That's interesting.

9. ss90

ss90 Member

That's disappointing if it's the case. He's a great beat reporter. I'm not a Reds fan or from Ohio, but he's got a national reputation.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Two excellent reporters in Cincy (hi, Zach) but yes, would hate to not be able to read C. Trent on the Redlegs.

11. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pro tip: Coming to SJ.com to tell the contact you have applied for the position will not, in fact, help you in the hiring process.

ss90, jr/shotglass, Tweener and 10 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted