1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Lauer Ejected from His Own House on Baby Jesus Birthday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deepest_background, Dec 27, 2017.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know if a "like" is a strong enough reaction for that post.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

But not the Deepest.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love the idea of a Drew Pinsky-type show featuring all these people ousted due to sexual harassment. Hearing O'Reilly and Lauer and Weinstein and others (Franken, Spacey, Hoffman) sit around in a circle with their arms folded wondering why they even have to be here and tossing off their grievances to the world, their real, honest views on women, talking about all their enemies, all the people they thought were their friends.

Maybe Oprah gets them all together for a televised group therapy.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  4. you could put that on PPV

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

When it comes to NY media and news, Lauer was the "pretty boy" being groomed for stardom. From WCBS to NBC, he was the Rollin Smith with the effervescent smile and charm.

I don't think NBC, in my opinion, gave a shit about what he was doing and who he was doing it too as they were scratching those checks to him.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Did he sit around his palatial estate on Christmas Eve and rage-tweet like a fuckin loser in Palm Beach County?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, that will also be the tag line for Matt Lauer's triumphant return to NBC in 2019.

expendable and exmediahack like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Did Lauer change, or get worse, after he went bald? It's a vanity business, where egos usually are driven by appearance and perceptions, and some guys really freak out when they start losing their hair. Especially when they're still fairly young. I know a few newsroom guys who didn't handle it well, and they weren't even in TV.

Just wondering if that was any kind of catalyst. I had a boss whose life totally unraveled when his hair started falling out.

More of a sidebar question, though. It wouldn't rationalize anything.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The bald defense?

I’ve got some consequence-free bad actions in my future now.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's merely a curiosity. I don't watch morning TV or follow those people, so, until a year or so ago, I don't recall seeing Lauer for more than two decades. Then, when I saw him now, my first thought was: "Wow, wonder how he handled that." I didn't even realize it was Lauer until the third or fourth look.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I knew a balding guy several jobs back who was so saddened by his fate that he collected whatever fallen locks he found, and saved them.
    I don't know how I would handle it. Not well I suppose, and I thank my stars for avoiding that recessive gene.
    I cant even quite accept a few flecks of gray near the temples never mind being bald.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wait until you get gray bush hair. Then you'll know you are really old and could die at any moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted