1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: Saturday night's all right for ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is it worse than Gronkowski's?

Adams seems to be a magnet for these things.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd hate to see the NFL go digital with down and distance. 4th and .832 of an inch doesn't just sound as good. Still figure you could put sensors in the sticks that if the nose of the ball "connects" with the stick, it lights up.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was good. NFL Films quality good. Just needed super slo-mo.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think I was louder.

7. outofplace

It was a different type of hit. The hit by Davis was brutal. It sure looked like he went to the head intentionally, leading with his helmet and it is against a defenseless player. It was more comparable to the hit by JuJu Smith-Schuster on Vontaze Burfict, which drew a one-game suspension, though Smith-Schuster initiated contact with a shoulder to the chest.

I still say Gronkowski's was worse. It was a deliberate blow to the head of a player who is on the ground well after the whistle.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Speaking of deliberate hits to the head, Eric Ebron knocked out Bears safety Chris Prosinski in Saturday's game after making a catch by lowering his head and ramming into the defender. Should be some recourse when the offensive player is the aggressor in such cases.

9. outofplace

Agreed, but the NFL can't get its act together on these things. I still don't understand how Gronkowski was only one game, the same as Smith-Schuster, and Iloka's suspension was overturned even though it was a third offense.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I think karma kicked their butt yesterday because of the end of the Jacksonville game. It was stunning to me no one got suspended after that debacle, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Draft saved Draft deleted