1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017-18 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Caps are now 12-2 since I took my granddaughter to her first game, so I'll probably request a playoff share. They've been playing SO much better lately. Wilson has actually looked like a top line guy.

I should save the talk for after Christmas, though. A three-game roadie this week. Starts in Dallas, which has done very well against the Caps in recent years. Ends in Vegas, which is playing great and the Caps will be on the back end of a back-to-back.

Still, I like their spot much better now than they did a month ago. Vrana is my granddaughter's favorite. Two goals and first star at her debut.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What, the hockey thread's been bumped and yet still no mention of the hottest team in all of sports?

Preds Shut Out Flames, Sweep Western Canada

Pekka Rinne stopped all 32 shots he faced and the Nashville Predators defeated the Calgary Flames by a 2-0 final on Saturday night at the Scotiabank Saddledome. It's the second consecutive shutout for the Preds, after a 4-0 victory in Edmonton on Thursday. The win gives the Preds points in seven consecutive outings, as well as a three-game sweep through Western Canada.

The Predators haven't lost a game in regulation in the month of December and the club now has 16 victories in their last 20 tries, and after completing this three-game excursion, Nashville is six points richer.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Vrana is on my fantasy team. Please take your granddaughter to more games! :)

And WIN in April and May and hopefully June.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moddy's finally coming around on Vrana. Love it.

5. Moderator1

Vrana's finally playing well. They've had to send him down and then scratch him for playing soft. Looks like he got the message

6. Moderator1

Vrana also posted a pic on his IG page yesterday of himself, getting off the plane in Dallas.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But one of the OT losses in December was to Vegas, which is an amazing story. The Vegas bookmakers are getting annihilated by all the locals pounding the new team.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. I was sold on his potential, but he hadn't quite lived up to it yet. Trending in the right direction, for sure. Oshie's back tonight, too. Big week. I'd be happy with four points (two in Arizona a must). Caps generally stink in Dallas and Vegas is lights out at home.

9. Moderator1

I'm hoping they play Grubauer in Arizona. We'll see.
    Caps are here on the 27th and I'm trying to go but tickets are EXPENSIVVVVEEE. I can see them vs. Isles or Devils for about 40 bucks for decent seats. Comparable seats at the Garden are about 200. Our company had tickets but gave them up this year.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So I shouldn't bother asking you for Rangers tickets anymore!

The prices are pure insanity. This year they also did the thing where they vary the prices based on the team / part of the season. I don't blame them. It's not like the arena is empty. But I can't bring myself to pay that kind of money to see a regular season hockey game. So we still haven't been to one this season.

11. Moderator1

Caps were at the Islanders last week, I checked StubHub 45 minutes before faceoff. Good seats, 10 bucks. I ended up not going, which was good because they lost 3-1. I'm sure if I do the same on the 27th, the prices will be - well, still about 200.

I have a very nice TV and a comfortable chair and I won't have to empty my pockets first or pay $30 for dinner. So I'll watch it here

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted