1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was going to say that corporate wanted to reserve that right for themselves.

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Halftime on Sunday night football they mention the investigation and pending sale, but omit the allegations. They also say they don't know if the investigation will proceed. Obvious trial balloon to see if they can get away with no investigation.

It will be interesting to see if they let Jerry Richardson go away quietly at the end of year without a fine, apology or suspension.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. DanOregon

Considering the value of some of these teams, and the status of owners, I imagine there have been more than a few seven-figure settlements throughout the league.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am sure this would clean up all of the problems with the Panthers' treatment of women.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. DanOregon

6. DanOregon

And I don't know what the biggest disqualifier for Combs is - his net worth of "only" $820m or his various arrests, or his late (murdered) father being a known associate of Frank Lucas.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan owning the Hornets. Diddy owning the Panthers.

Charlotte would be king of owner star power if that happened.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But Steph Curry wants to be part of Diddy's group, so that balances it all out, right?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interesting decision. In other cases multiple employers have dropped those with credible claims against them.

I’m going to bet he doesn’t sue.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Isn't domestic violence a different category of misdeed against women than we are talking about here?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.