1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: Saturday night's all right for ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think every great team has that one oddball opponent that gives them fits, when they probably shouldn't.
    Like the great Seahawks teams of the past few years and the mediocre Fisher-era Rams.
    The Montana/Young-era 49ers used to have all sorts of problems with the Eagles for whatever reason. The 49ers won most of their meetings for about a decade, but it was usually a closer game than it had a right to be. The Eagles also destroyed them at Candlestick during the '94 Super Bowl season.
    It's a quirk of football (and sports in general) that I've always found interesting, because you see it on almost every level.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The 40 million dollar a year commissioner of the NFL actually has a spokesperson, Joe Lockhart. Why in the fuck does a commissioner of a sport Nita spokesperson, except for the fact he can't speak clearly and cleanly.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are these the Lions' color rush jerseys, or just something they've been saving for a not-so-special occasion?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lions winning today hurts the Cowboys even more. Cowboys need a loss each from the Lions and Packers and two losses from the Falcons, all while winning out.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Dallas needed GB and Detroit to tie in Week 17.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Looked like sweats to me.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's a big win for the Chefs.

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Rivers throws it up half the time on a wing and a prayer. Not a good look. Perhaps the Chargers need a more disciplined QB.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Chargers need a Snickers.

da man likes this.
  12. I hope the Chiefs get win the division and make the playoffs (simply because they can beat the Patriots).
    The AFC West is a circus.

Draft saved Draft deleted