1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Dec 16, 2017.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looked like Boise State would blow out an uninspired Oregon team — in a game Royce Freeman opted to sit out. The Broncos totally dominate the first 29 minutes of the game, and were ready to go up 31-0.

Instead, the Ducks get an 85-yard fumble return (off a failed 'Statue of Liberty' handoff in the red zone) and, about 30 seconds later, a 100-yard pick-6.

So it's 24-14 Boise State as we begin the second half.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Getting tired of the ESPN lackeys trashing Royce Freeman for not playing. He'd be foolish to play in a meaningless bowl game like this.

3. I Should Coco

I mainly mentioned it because Freeman's absence might be a big reason why the Ducks haven't crossed midfield on offense yet.

Justin Herbert hasn't looked great, either ... but then, Brett Rypien's bad decisions have kept Oregon in the game.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Boise and Oregon were both allowed to wear their dark unis. Not enough contrast.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I get it because the bowls are nothing but an ESPN business venture at this point, but I sure hope fans don’t fall for it.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Embrace Debate. When bowls start covering players for potential loss of an NFL career, then I'll start listening.

Baron Scicluna and TigerVols like this.
  7. I Should Coco

The Ducks finally moving the ball on offense, and Boise hasn't done anything after its opening second-half possession.

This would be an epic collapse by the Broncos.

8. DanOregon

I'm kind of stunned to find out Yahoo isn't doing a bowl picks thing for Fantasy this year. I realize Yahoo is in transition, but their fantasy stuff has always been pretty popular.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

James Madison cruising along.

daytonadan1983 likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

From what I've seen on message boards and Twitter, Duck fans are about 98% behind Freeman. (One guy disagreed and compared it to someone in Special Forces refusing to join his platoon on a raid. Football fans kill me.)

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. DanOregon

Oregon fans think they own the program. None believed Taggart would leave for FSU. Now they are all trashing him saying he wasn't a very good coach. Hell, people suddenly would find flaws in Chip Kelly's system on those rare occasions the Ducks would lose.

12. PCLoadLetter

That puts them in line with fans in all of DI football.

Every single one I heard from or talked to figured Taggart was gone the moment FSU opened up.

Draft saved Draft deleted