1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much will you pay to access SJ.com?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 14, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What Comcast actually wants to do:

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Comcast doesn't want to end net neutrality to help build better networks.

Comcast wants to end net neutrality so they can either A) Drive you to the content they provide or B) Charge you more for accessing the competitor's content.

cranberry likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Free trade, bitches!!!!1!!111!!!!1 #MAGA!!!!!

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Except abortion.

We can still treat abortion like the end of the world, right?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't work up the least amount of lather over this, with all the other garbage happening.
    This is truly a first-world problem.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This will be tied up in the courts for years and will be rendered moot as soon as the Democrats regain the White House. So I ain’t clutching my pearls just yet.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

For a million American babies a year, it is.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Someone will always find a way to offer faster internet so long as there’s a profit motive.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, there was a big push to let power companies do as they wished. The market would service us all.

As I recall, Enron set about manipulating prices so we got gouged and had blackouts.

We're of course dealing with a high-barrier-to-entry market in the case power, and in a lot of ways cable. They're the sort that get most regulated because they don't really create much competition on the price side. In some cases, regulation creates more competitive marketplaces. Maybe this has no effect, maybe it shifts wealth from consumers and online businesses to shareholders. I assume costs, if they're there, will be passed on, mostly becuase of a lack of competition up the ladder.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted