1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was in tears laughing my ass off with the Bray/Matt stuff. So ridiculous that it's awesome.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I guess it works with the back and forth cuts but I kind of wish Bray and Matt were doing this in the ring so they could look at each other, work off each other and get the crowd involved. Tough to tell how much of a pop there is in the vignettes.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

How is the pop different? It's still a live crowd in the background.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

They obviously play with the audio levels, for one. And then when you're in the crowd at Raw its really easy to zone out and play with your phone during the incessant 20 minutes with nothing going on in the ring......commercial break....video about last week.....commercial for WWE Cares...then Matt Hardy.....then more commercials. The crowd's just not going to engage with that the way the do when the performers are right in front of them.

Going to Raw these days is worse than going to an NFL game as far down time and it being way better on TV.

5. Baron Scicluna

They do it roughly halfway through the show to serve as kinda a halftime for fans to use the restroom, get another beer, etc.

So Matt Hardy is Up With People.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should play this Sunday instead of Clash of Champions.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. John B. Foster

Kenny Omega didn't waste any time to retaliate; he attacked Jericho during the Wrestle Kingdom 12 press conference!

Jericho is on a whole other level right now in this feud.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

"What are you laughing at, fuck face?" I lost it.

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

What was even better was when he threw the entire table at Omega. And wrote down his quote in the reporter's notebook and then stole the notebook.
    Ever since Jericho showed up on the NJPW Titantron a month ago, this program has been gold. I'm probably going to sign for the NJPW service just to see this match.

John B. Foster and Tommy_Dreamer like this.
  10. John B. Foster

Coming into this thread on a Friday night like:

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Ah, action at Maple Leaf Gardens, which always had that stage leading to the ring.

John B. Foster likes this.
  12. John B. Foster

Well done.

Now do this one:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted