1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Started in on SMILF on Showtime. It's interesting. Good for a half hour of entertainment.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Led to a great Simmons' podcast moment, where he shared that he and his wife were watching the show with their kids in the room, unaware that it would have risque scenes. As a result, his son watched it and said, "She's using a dildo on her vah-jay-jay!" I normally defend him, but man, the show is Single-MILF. It's all there in the title. (Also, I'm interested in watching, since the lead actress was really good in Mr. Robot and a couple other things.)

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, the first song that plays during the basketball scene in the premiere is Ying Yang Twins "Wait," ... the wait til you see my dick song. That should have given an indication of where the show was going ...

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm about 30 minutes in and disappointed. Can the stupid sit downs with people who had nothing to do with the show and just air clips and cast reminiscing

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know - awkward. Do a sketch with new people. A bunch of famous names talking about how much of inspiration she is gets old fast. Burnett is beloved by everyone - not a shock that famous people like her too.

Don't know how many people are watching Survivor, but the second half of the most recent episode was extremely notable for it's tribal council. Something that had never happened before, happened.

The season has kind of been a dud, players who tend to remind you of other, better and more interesting characters from past seasons. Hoping it ends strong.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I tripped across an old BBC1 series called "Mrs. Brown's Boys" after seeing a clip from one of the episodes. The star, Brendan O'Connell, is a guy in drag playing Mrs. Brown. It is spit-take funny, at least three belly-laughs in each episode I've watched so far.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was...marvelous. Great cast. When is season 2 coming out?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK, it's been a while now plus I think there's a spoiler button around here now...so tell us, what happened?

9. DanOregon

The vote was going one way, stuff was said by one of the potential targets - there were two or three people in the mix, people scrambled and huddled (there are about three various alliances) and everyone voted for the guy who said stuff. The thing is, he had an idol he hadn't told anyone about (and nobody knew about) and sent one of the leaders of one of the alliances against him home with one vote.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Love this show.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm not liking this season at all. Bad gameplay, boring players who can't keep a secret and there's no one in particular to root for. Save a couple players, there wasn't even the usual eye candy, of either gender.

And Probst gets more and more annoying each season, trying to create drama where there is none and never shutting up during challenges. His incessant, banal drivel needs to stop. "You have to want it," "you have to dig down," "If you fall in the water you'll get wet." Jeff, just STFU and let them compete.

12. DanOregon

Though there was a challenge earlier in the season where he dropped the titles of about eight different Foo Fighters songs while he was doing the play by play. Yes, I agree. The players are lacking in uniqueness. I don't like it when they "categorize" teams either. Heck, I wouldn't mind an East, West, North, South kind of thing, or an All-Stars edition with the U.S. vs. the World.

Draft saved Draft deleted