1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: The Thanksgiving Blues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Nov 22, 2017.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Something something parity salary cap parity salary cap LET'S PARTY LIKE IT'S 2007 BITCHES

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OOP. I don't think we're in that much disagreement here. I shouldn't have cited QBs as my only reason. But in their first four games, the Pats played teams that now have winning records or suffered a lost QB They have played less accomplished teams since then on average. Now they are entering their division schedule, which is like a get out of jail free card.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more thing. Since I have been alive, the Steelers have prospered in direct proportion to how well they could run the ball. Belichick's strength as a coach, even as a DC, is stopping the run. That's the hurdle for Pittsburgh. Their receivers can shred the Pats secondary. Can Ben take advantage? Beats me.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Poor BYH still doesn't understand the difference between a team that dominates on a level playing field and one that relies on a built-in advantage.

Parity isn't the goal. The goal is to give every team the same opportunity. That is what the NFL has and baseball does not.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

You mean the same baseball where 30-, 108- and 57-year championship droughts have ended in the last three seasons? THREADJACK!!!!!

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I mean baseball in which a team in the bottom third in salary never wins a World Series.

Your point is not relevant to mine. You are talking about parity. I am talking about a level playing field.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Windows, boys.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Dallas hasn't been even a supposed NFC contender since Elliott finally took a seat.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

An indictment of the coaching staff. Shockingly unprepared to play without him despite knowing they would have to at some point.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think it's the left tackle they can't play without.

JC likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jerry assured them he’d be there. Jerry probably was so confident and self righteous that he instructed the staff not to prepare for life without the womanizer

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Tyron Smith played Thursday. Cowboys still got their ass kicked.

Draft saved Draft deleted