1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 20, 2017.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And “lunch pail.”

Big Circus and doctorquant like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A Miami defender laments the loss of the Turnover Chain:

Chef2, Webster and Big Circus like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nah. Getting fired on the field right after the game goes final is bad but getting fired on the tarmac is next level.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If it's not Scholz's, I'm not talking to you anymore.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It is ...

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

German Texas. I gotta get back to New Braunfels for Wurstfest sometime.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a thread a long while back about good places to get your ass kicked? Wurstfest would be one.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

They didn't think it would be overturned, because the videos weren't incontrovertible. But the last view shown on TV, opposite sideline view, seemed to show quite a bounce upward that to me looked more likely to have come off the ground than the receiver's hands.

In physics, the angle involved is defined by Snell's Law of reflection.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get the excitement over Pickett and share some of it, but the kid also made a huge mistake late. With the Panthers up seven and under seven minutes remaining, he threw a ball that should have been intercepted. It went off the the defender's hands right to a receiver for a first down.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

You're kidding me. A true freshman starting his first game ever against the number two team in the country nearly made a costly mistake? What was Tyler Palko's excuse for averaging a dumb pick a game pretty much his entire college career?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least Pickett avoided dropping any F-bombs on national television. :)

12. BitterYoungMatador2

With proper coaching and needed personnel around him Pickett could become Pitt's Manziel sans boozing and douchiness. Think about this: Miami forced two turnovers and Pitt still controlled that game for the most part. If the center doesn't snap the ball over his head and his receivers actually catch balls that hit them in the hands that game wouldn't have been close.

Draft saved Draft deleted