1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

His parents had high hopes for him.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. The next time he shows up for a meeting in his underwear it will totally be cool.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Even if we foolishly take these folks at their word, all investments don’t necessarily serve a public good. When the tiny minority of powerful people and interest groups who favor eliminating net neutrality improve their argument to “here’s what can happen and here’s how it will work” instead of “If you let us prioritize (regulate?) access to a public asset and charge premiums for it, we will invest and, trust us, it will turn out great for everyone!” is when I begin to listen on this one.

If we’re going to open up prioritization of Internet services as a new potential revenue stream for ISPs, I want to see what protections would be put in place for the small entrepreneurial content and service providers that have provided far and away the Internet’s best innovations over the past 25 years. The glory of the Internet’s first quarter century is that it’s proven a great equalizer; that small voices with big ideas have equal access to more powerful (wealthy) entities. That empowerment of people and small-business entrepreneurship has been the most important driver of innovation. Voices are being heard and industries disrupted.

Additionally, a free Internet has become essential to free speech and an Internet whose access would be regulated and controlled by a select few threatens to stifle speech.

I’m convinced that ending net neutrality as proposed will not spur investment and innovation as much as it will block competition and consolidate power among few. But why even debate? It’s a fait accompli in a few weeks with a corporatist White House and a former Verizon lawyer leading a 3-2 majority on the FCC, so fuck what the people actually want.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Slacker likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gouverneur Morris' parents disagree.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

From the story...He was just walking around in his office, not dressed,” she said. “He wasn’t doing it to hit on me. It was more like he could do what he wanted. I was quite shocked by it and left quickly.”

Sounds pretty weird I agree but she didn't accuse him of sexual harassment. It's not like she accused him of grabbing her pussy or something. Perhaps he was using the old conductor's trick to keep a perfect crease in his pants.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump diplomacy should fix that right quick.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.