1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

In my early morning half asleep delirium, I read that as he was watching his kid, Barron, all weekend and would be tweeting:

Barron screwed up the blessing. And wore a stupid shirt. Sad! Not my kid.

Seriously, we had a pool guy at trump tower that looks like him. Wouldn't put it pass #flotus to have cheated. Commie shank. Roy Moore is right.

Barron stunk up the bathroom. Wtf is wrong with him. Now he is crying because liberal media reported my tweets about him. Failing. Loser.

@bigballer, I'll trade you my loser son for one of your loser sons. I'll even take the Chinese criminal. This fake kid of mine is lame.

lakefront likes this.
  2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Are utilities in those fields often big innovators? Is the water infrastructure in this country something we want the Internet to mimic?

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

ISPs are not “the internet.”

They are a utility company whose job is to deliver data packets from place to place.

Do you think you should have to pay different rates for water used to take a shower vs. water used to wash dishes?

4. lcjjdnh

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Are we talking about American hospitals or ISPs?

Faster in Scandinavia in Japan. Not most of the rest of Western Europe, and apparently slower in France and Italy.

Internet Speeds by Country - Fastest Internet In The World Map

Why not? They pretty much do with rates what they want anyway, and it's not like there is more than one provider. We were just informed that our water rates are going up by 63 percent. What am I going to do?

Let's say you had a family that ate out a lot but whose members spent an inordinately long time in the shower each day. Say the water company offered you a deal: "Hey, we're going to increase your dishwater rates but give you a break on your shower rates."

You'd probably take it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  6. lcjjdnh

Why are you so certain that no ISPs will provide the net neutral solution that you and millions of other consumers apparently desire? Companies are in the business of making money, and there is competition.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

“Have to” is really not the question. The question is, should you be prohibited from being charged different rates?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why is it in the interest of the consumer to be charged different rates? Why and how do you doctorq benefit from being charged different rates?

9. lcjjdnh

Looking at Vodafone’s website, they have 10GB unrestricted data plans in NZ for $60/month, which doesn’t sound unreasonable or all that different from the US.

Would it really be so bad if you also had the option of getting unlimited data for a limited set of apps, at a cheap price, if that’s what you wanted to use?

10. Justin_Rice

I’m skeptical that startup ISPs are standing by, waiting to install the tens of thousands of miles of fiber necessary to compete with Verizon and Comcast.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. lcjjdnh

There are wireless competitors, too, and their services gets better all the time.

Not to mention we don’t know whether there would be additional investment without net neutrality.

12. Justin_Rice

I appreciate you lobbying for the interests of the cable companies.

I’m going to lobby for the interests of the consumer.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.