1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jul 11, 2017.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Morgan: No one can be any more sanctimonious than me.
    Passan: Hold my wine glass.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

4. manky_jimy

manky_jimy Active Member

Omar Vizquel is one of only 4 players in MLB history to hit a home run in 4 decades. He is absolutely a Hall of Famer.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Congrats, Jeff Passan, your column didn't even last 24 hours as the dumbest thing written election season by a HOF voter. What a mind-boggingly stupid thing to write. Yeah, Chipper is a dopey redneck. Still a Hall of Famer.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Remember, Jay Dunn voted against Rickey because of the one time Rickey didn't stay in the dugout during the playoff game and instead went to play cards in the clubhouse.

You just never fucking know with voters.

7. manky_jimy

manky_jimy Active Member

8. manky_jimy

manky_jimy Active Member

Roger Clemens is getting 100% of the early vote. Bonds, Guerrero, Thome, Vizquel, Chipper, and Hoffman are also on track to get elected.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The only 4 to really watch are Chipper, Thome, Vlad and Hoffman.

Edgar is next in line to pay attention to because 2019 is his last shot and if he can get above 65 percent this time he's got a chance next year

10. manky_jimy

manky_jimy Active Member

Prediction: If Clemens doesn't come close to getting elected this year, he will finally make his MLB comeback that has been rumored for years. Not as a starter, but I could see the Astros signing him to help shore up their bullpen as they go for back-to-back championships.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Oh my Gawwwd. Jawwwwn. It's Raja Clemens in the Astros bullpen.

sgreenwell and manky_jimy like this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I know this is schtick, but I'm actually stunned this didn't happen when the Astros were terrible, they needed a freak show to put asses in seats and Dipshit Clemens needed to reset his HOF clock. I still wouldn't be stunned if he dragged his ass out there for someone for an inning to reset the clock in the next couple years.

Draft saved Draft deleted