1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No. Hell, on Talking Dead last night, Kirkman also brought up the loss of Jerry's axe.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

So much for my hope that Shiva would eat Negan, slowly.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would have been fun, but this was one of the things that seemed pretty clear they would keep from the comics. They were going to take her out soon, if for no other reason than the expense of bringing Shiva to the screen.

I just hope the payoff is worth it. By payoff, I mean the seeing how Ezekiel handles all he just lost.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seems the loss of Shiva is the metaphorical representation of the death of King Ezekiel. I suspect we'll see more of who he really is - the zookeeper, instead of the king.

They did a nice job laying the groundwork for this character development, going all the way back to his initial confession to Carol.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I was hoping we'd have a zombie Shiva laying waste to all kinds of folks. Too bad.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sooooo are we being set up for a 28-days later explanation?

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Maybe something like the end of Gangs of New York....

While Rick and company have been pointlessly battling group after group for eight seasons, civilization is alive and flourishing elsewhere. Said civilization steps in and ends the battle in three minutes.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Was there a new episode last night or did they take a week off for Thanksgiving?

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yes. And Yes.

Not sure why, but this show has gotten progressively bad. I'll stick it out because of the time investment in it, but it's the same recycled stuff every week.

Ace likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good take a breath episode. I'll agree it's lost it's luster, but after having so much action over the last couple of weeks it was good to slow down. We also get chess pieces moved on the board to set up the next bit of action.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This show is set in and around Atlanta, maybe a little further out now in Georgia or even the southeastern U.S.
    So where the hell are these garbage people from that they talk like aliens? Not just the big gawky leader but others, always with the one- or two-word comments.

Judith is still a toddler, right? It's not like we're 100 years into the future.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They migrated, so they are actually in Virginia now.
    But I had the same complaint about the garbage people.
    It's been a few years, five at the most, new speech idioms take longer to develop.

Joe Williams likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted