1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 20, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pretty funny that Ga. Tech is citing Irma as the excuse considering the cancellation was an almost guaranteed loss against Central Florida.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It does make you wonder if UCF had played and beaten Georgia Tech, would their resume be good enough to at least get them in the playoff discussion? Or at least a team that would get a strong look with some chaos in the next two weeks? I still think they are left out, but a convincing win over a Power 5 team would definitely look good on the resume.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

5-5 teams usually need better players, not more practice.

poindexter likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Teams have "bought" bowl games before with ticket guarantees. But Tech has already won a game against an FCS team, and I don't know how many FBS teams have lost a game (most scrubbed their FCS gams to reschedule a conference or FBS non-con) that have another game to give.
    As for the bowl payout - it doesn't matter - their expenses are covered by the conference and all conference members divide the net proceeds - though some schools do pony up for extra trinkets.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Florida vs. Ga. Tech! Problem solved! Good game, too.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In light of the committee's ranking -- 15th ?! -- nothing would have made UCF credible to them. I'm not saying they deserve to be in the top eight, but they are undefeated against a schedule currently ranked 53rd. Oklahoma is 79th and Wisconsin 68th.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The committee will never ever ever again rank a non power conference team high enough to be an issue for itself, even if it beats Ohio State or Alabama in September. It's got enough troubles dealing with the five conferences four teams issue.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

College football's favorite crazy uncle calls in from Pullman with advice for the engaged...

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

"You're going to wish you eloped."

I'm dying.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is beautiful.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was going to put that up. You gotta love it when somebody gets Leach to just talk.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could totally see Leach in a video room with a son or future son-in-law going over this.

"Now what do you see here?" What is your "check-down?" - if the mother says this, then what do you do." If you see this when you come to the line of scrimmage what do you audible into?

Draft saved Draft deleted