1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man bites dawg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Just the facts ma am, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

No. Dawg has evolved into a general corporate black slang term. (See Ice-T on SVU)

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If a Blood was the target of the hit, then the thread title still applies.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know what fucking “dawg” means.

4. Just the facts ma am

From all reports an innocent neighborhood black man with no gang affiliation was murdered for no reason. You know, terrorism.

The reported killers propaganda espoused violent local neighborhood patriotism and blind allegiance to their cult at the risk of death. They proudly displayed their symbols of loyalty, their appreciation and admiration of their second amendment rights and their cultural appreciation for their women folk.

5. Just the facts ma am

Sorry, I put you in the wrong reply. This is for you.

The phrase man bites dog is a shortened version of an aphorism in journalism which describes how an unusual, infrequent event (such as a man biting a dog) is more likely to be reported as news than an ordinary, everyday occurrence with similar consequences, such as a dog biting a man. An event is usually considered more newsworthy if there is something unusual about it; a commonplace event is less likely to be seen as newsworthy, even if the consequences of both events have objectively similar outcomes. The result is that rarer events more often appear as news stories, while more common events appear less often, thus distorting the perceptions of news consumers of what constitutes normal rates of occurrence.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ah. I thought it was misuse of non-blue font. My apologies. Carry on.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The officers are still wondering who is Me Dawg.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I was just trying to troll you into saying something racist, dawg.

This has gone on long enough.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What about "two dawgs fucking"?

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Back in the day in the Post-Dispatch, "Man bites dog" was the first line of a headline on a story about Norm Stewart. Bernie Miklasz wrote the story, I think.

True story, dog (dawg).

11. Just the facts ma am

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

So, if someone got a dawg and named it Cuzzo, it would be he canine version of A Boy Named Sue?

cjericho likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted