1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Bills throw a Tyrod

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 15, 2017.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Actually, the move to Peterman was a success in one respect:

The QB shitshow obscured the fact that the Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier defense has given up 34, 47 and 40 points in the last three games, and went 22 consecutive possessions -- from early in the fourth quarter of the Jets game on Nov. 2 to late in the third quarter today -- without forcing a punt.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How quickly will NBC flex out of Cowboys-Raiders in three weeks?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

To what?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rams at Seahawks, I imagine.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whoever made the call to start Peterman needs to update their resume.
    I'd also suggest whoever made the call to hire the Raiders new OC do the same.

I don't think they will flex it. Fox and CBS "protect" one game each. Figure Fox will keep Rams-Seahawks and CBS the Steelers and Pats. Raiders-Cowboys will bring a big number just because people will want to tune in and laugh.

Chef2 likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No doubt that is a problem, but this was a team in rebuilding mode all along, especially on defense. They let one starting corner, Gilmore, leave as a free agent and traded the other, Darby, to the Eagles. They traded Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars in late October.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I didn't say he'd be "just fine" or that he'd be the second coming of Brady. I said he might not have thrown 5 picks. He might not have thrown any.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The other thing relating to LTL's bit of snark ... I went back the previous 10 NFL playoffs because I seem to remember that the first to score usually won the game.

There were 98 playoff games from seasons 1975 thru 1985. The team that scored first won 69 and lost 29.

The 29 teams lost by an average of 10 points. There were a few outliers: losses by 23, 24, 25, 27, 28.

Back to my point ... if Rice scores that TD and the 49ers go up 7-0, the course of history changes ... and Montana probably doesn't get knocked out of the game with a concussion.

I'm not saying the 49ers would've beat the Giants that day but history shows that a team that scores first in the playoffs was usually in the game till the end.

LOL, the biggest outlier was the '86 Super Bowl when the Patriots scored first on a field goal ...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And 8-year-old Dick Whitman thought the sky was falling.

Got better from there.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Redskins did plenty of fine work in gagging away that game yesterday. But more unacceptably incompetent officiating had a pretty damn big impact on the game ... NFL comes out afterward and says the intentional grounding call against Cousins was the wrong call. Washington was in fringe field goal range (51 yards) at the time of the call. They probably find a way to get a few more yards. No guarantee Rose makes the kick, but Washington was absolutely fucked out of a chance to win it in regulation.

Fuck the anthem protest excuse. Shit like that is why I'm ready to tune out of this league.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

RIP Georgia Dome.

Draft saved Draft deleted