1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Pride of the microphone for a few weeks, maybe a month.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's worth as much as a video game token.

I saw a suggestion online somewhere else. Give the winning brand the 30th spot in the Rumble, then have the GM set up matches on who gets that spot. Or, do the reverse and have the loser get the first spot, and GMs hold it over someone who pisses them off.

clintrichardson likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

So Smackdown is up 3-2 and they're doing Brock/Styles next? Way to telegraph the winner there, WWE.

4. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like the mlb all star game.

In addition, Lesnar could kill Styles.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird feeling, but I get the feeling they're leading up to something with Cena here. Playing up the fact that he's a free agent ... he comes back from out of nowhere to be on Team Smackdown for no real rhyme or reason ... and now he's the only one in this match without a red or blue T-shirt on (after making his entrance in a lime green one).
    Dare I say they're setting up Cena's Bash at the Beach moment?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From the distance the hard camera is at, Triple H looks like a slightly skinnier Ryback.

7. Baron Scicluna

Not tonight, although I did notice the T-shirt thing. I just figured they just let Cena wear whatever the hell he wants.

He did seem to get eliminated rather unceremoniously with the two Angle Slams and the Coup de Grace.

8. Baron Scicluna

So, was anyone else thinking Trips would walk out after turning on Angle, then Kane would come out, kill Braun and Shane would end up as the winner?

Fun match, though, and they gave everyone the match ups that we wanted to see.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That main event was so disjointed. The eliminations didn't make any sense. The KO run in didn't actually effect the outcome. Trips Mania match is Angle, yay.

But AJ Styles is a pri wrestling god. What a performance.

10. Baron Scicluna

<script
    Possibly, but not necessarily. Trips may face Angle at the Rumble, then Jordan costs Angle the match and Angle ends up facing a heel Jordan.

Agree on A.J., though. That was great.

11. Baron Scicluna

Well, the Raw women's division just got considerably more interesting.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Oh, joy. And I was just clamoring to see how they'd continue that Kane/Braun storyline.

Draft saved Draft deleted