1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Burgundy Is the Voice of Canadian Olympic Curling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

He is known around the world for presenting the news, but Ron Burgundy will turn his hand to sports broadcasting when he covers curling this week.
    Will Ferrell will commentate on Canada's Olympic curling trials as his famous character from the 2004 film Anchorman.
    He will be paired with veteran curling broadcaster Vic Rauter on TSN when the 'Roar of the Rings' opens on Sunday in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
    Burgundy said in a statement: 'Marked by the gods of broadcasting and placed into this shimmering green sphere like a golden egg in hay, chosen like an unclean jackal by Noah himself, I accept your hallowed task and sing out with a battle cry worthy of your love and your wisdom.
    'And that song is, "Winnipeg, get ready to paint the town Burgundy!"'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513773/Will-Ferrell-announcer-curling-match--character-Ron-Burgundy.html#ixzz2lmmB3fvo

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don Wittman, long-time voice of curling on CBC, died a few years back. I think Don Chevrier died, too. They just don't make great curling announcers like they used to.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's also going to host SportsCenter on Dec. 5 in character. And do the Dan Patrick Show too.

I know it's to hype a movie. But I'm starting to think this Ron Burgundy media tour is performance art to Ferrell.

4. bronko

bronko New Member

Anybody following/covering The Olympic trials in Omaha this week? Anybody? Anybody? Those Hamiltons are something someone should be able to market. Beer, cheese, beer and cheese?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know broom sales are booming. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted