1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Then tell your gf that Stoney said she could fuck off with that noise.

But I'll let you deal with her ensuing reaction.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for CK.

I'm also trying to find a T-shirt with that printed on it. Worked for Pee Wee.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He pulls himself, no need for you to do it.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The cosby show is,quietly, back on, one of those lower channels I think. I resent him , aside for what he did, for putting such a stink on that show. When it first came out it was a surprise that a black couple could be a lawyer and a doctor. Groundbreaking and a quality show. I love to show the kid in my life old time television and would have loved to show them this one.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

George Jefferson owned a string of cleaners.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

oop, I think it's like I said earlier, I think on this thread. A lot of the same feelings went down with Penn State. And it comes down to a matter of the individual. Yes, it was uncomfortable to watch them for awhile. But at what point do you separate the act from the artist? Everyone has their own line.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think part of it is how the person presented himself or how others presented the person. Paterno encouraged this view of him as the guy who doesn't just win, he does it the right way. That clearly wasn't true. The culture there was so polluted, it was important to tear everything down. Too many of the faithful refused to admit as much, so the backlash lasted longer.

That wasn't just one bad person, or one man covering for one bad person. It was many people looking the other way in the case of despicable acts. Sexually abusing children is whole other level of awful.

Of course, that is just my opinion. I understand why you have felt defensive over this in the past.

8. jr/shotglass

Well put. I get everything you're saying.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, I loved George, good example of a hard working black man in the 70's.

10. jr/shotglass

Yeah, but then he kept movin' on up.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just finished the season 4 binge. So good.

He and Adlon had some serious fucking chemistry.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I noticed that any reference to Louis and his production companies were scrubbed from the credits at the end of season 2 of Better Things. I really hope that show continues because Adlon is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.