1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 12 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 13, 2017.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because of Frost's ties, it would be a hit indeed. I still find it amazing that Nebraska hiring a coach from Central Florida counts as a home-run hire.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They refused to shake his hand at the flip. Fuck Kansas.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I joked about this when Iowa beat Ohio State ... which Buckeye has ties to gambling?

After Purdue made it look easy in Kinnick Stadium today, the Hawkeyes' blowout of Ohio State is even harder to explain.

Was the fix in? I saw it happen in the mid-1990s in Kinnick, although that was Northwestern intentionally fumbling to make sure they lost by enough.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And the Kansas defense has cheap shotted him at least once.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Navy played the exact type of game it needed to upset Notre Dame ... until their last play call.

Down 24-17, fourth and five at the Irish 20 yard line, about two minutes to play. They've had success with the option (more or less) the entire game. But with the game on the line, they go for the trick play, halfback pass to a tight end. The running back never gets his feet set and the throw is awful. Notre Dame wins.

I'll be curious to hear what coach Niumatalolo says about that play call. Maybe he's giving Army something to prep for ...

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I can't blame them. He likes to grab his junk in public, and I'm sure he hasn't washed his hands.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The first time I saw the coin flip video I thought Mayfield was trying to shake one of the little kid's hands and got dissed.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, they weren’t likely to run for 5 yards, and their QB had completed three passes all day. It was as good a chance as anything, assuming it’s a play they’ve worked on and felt confident with.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This disrespect the opponent stuff seems more common this season.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How do the millennials feel about Gen App'ers dissing Mayfield?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My ears almost fell off when it was announced Brady Quinn is one of the commentators on the Fox broadcast of Cal-Stanford. Gosh, that takes me back. Seems like only yesterday this board was kicking the shit out of him for his quarterbacking.

Draft saved Draft deleted