1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike and ........

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I found that the show was better to "listen to" by watching it on TV. I turned it off if I was driving.

I did like it when Golic did the exercise drills that Haynesworth failed.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

LeBatard was a great afternoon show. It's a dreadful morning show. Dan sounds like he does zero prep work and rolls in 3 minutes before air time.

At least when he was in the afternoon, he could react to the news of the day.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

LeBastard has always thought he was the funniest, smartest, coolest guy in the room.
    He's not.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Our tastes and likely our interests are a million miles apart. I haven't actually cared about the nuts and bolts of sports for about five years.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My chief gripe about the LeBatard show is that the only topic they ever seem to discuss is the LeBatard show. I don't care about their stupid Grid of Death, which is all they discuss during football season. I'm with Hermes in that I generally don't care about the nuts and bolts, but damn, talk about SOMETHING other than what Guillermo is wearing to pay off a bet. Used to love the show, and haven't listened in at least a year.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the days Gottlieb is off and Jonas Knox, Dan Beyer and board op John Ramos fill in on FSR. Jay Mohr utilized them well. It's creative, fun and you never know which direction they will go. Wish they had a regular gig.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

On the flip side of just gibberish from talking heads, here in the DC area we have ESPN Radio 980. Chris Cooley (former Skins TE) has been a rising star, and was paired with Czabe on the evening Drive show for a couple of years.

Chris is so detailed with NFL play jargon, I felt like I really needed to be seeing a telestrator to understand what he was saying. Always thought he'd make good TV, better than Gruden, but man, I found his radio stints unlistenable because of the detail.

I like detail, but I really need visualization too.

And that's particularly tough to do when I'm trying to concentrate on driving around here. I'd much rather have laid back, funny but informative content like Czabe and Andy Pollin used to provide. Andy Polley has been screwed once again and off to another station. Andy is even covering WTOP sports at times. Good for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted